MASTER OF SCIENCE | PG CERTIFICATE | PG DIPLOMA
It is becoming clear that major systemic, political and societal changes are necessary to move towards true sustainability to address the serious consequences of environmental and climatic change.
Immerse yourself in examining sustainability and behaviour change theories at all levels: personal, organisational, community, institutional and governmental, drawing on theories of behavioural science and social and systems models.
CAT’s unique study experience combines hands-on practical learning with rigorous academic study and flexible study options.
Studying Sustainability and Behaviour Change will enable you to:
- Explore behaviour change through case studies from across the world.
- Focus on cities, governance structures and policy, and interventions at community and individual level.
- Examine the role of public perceptions of environmental risk management and attitudes to behaviour change.
- Learn about the skills required to facilitate the necessary behavioural changes through successful communication and engagement strategies.
- Develop your own skills in leadership and communication.
Key areas of study
- Introduction to sustainability and adaptation
- Communicating transformational social change
- Theoretical approaches to transformational social change
- Environmental politics and economics
- Cities and communities
- Energy provision and demand management
- Research skills
- Buildings and people, including design, planning and retrofitting
- Sustainable building industry (optional)
*This course is subject to validation and new for 2019.
Benefit from over 40 years’ sustainability experience
CAT’s world leading eco-centre is a pioneer in researching and teaching practical solutions for sustainability, with over 40 years’ experience in low impact building, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable food production, natural resources management and more.
The taught eight-week modules offer an immersive learning experience through lectures, talks, seminars and workshops delivered by our expert in-house staff, with specialist insights from visiting lecturers from industry and academia.
Many modules are shared with our other postgraduate courses, providing you with a rich learning experience with your peers.
Flexible study options allow you to choose the level and mode of study that suits you, helping you fit your studies around other commitments. Full-time study at MSc level will allow you to complete the course in 18 months.
This course is created and delivered by CAT and is offered subject to validation by Liverpool John Moores University.