The MSc Sustainability in Energy Provision and Demand Management is intended for students with a science or engineering background who wish to develop their understanding of sustainable energy management. For acceptance onto the programme the following requirements apply:
- A Bachelor's degree in a scientific or numerate subject.
- Students who do not possess formal qualifications may be accepted if they can demonstrate that they have appropriate professional experience in an engineering, scientific, environmental or energy management field equivalent to degree standard and that they will benefit from and contribute to the programme.
- Students may be admitted with advanced standing through the recognition of credit or the accreditation of experiential or certificated learning according to the University of East London Accreditation of (Experiential) Learning (AEL) policy.
- A student may gain admission to a programme, with advanced standing, with up to half of the credits associated with the award being achieved through accredited experiential learning, or up two thirds through accredited masters certificated learning. (Where a combination of experiential and certificated learning is involved up to one half of the credits for the award may be achieved through accredited experiential learning with further credits being achieved through accredited certificated learning up to a maximum of two thirds of the credits for the award).
- Students that apply to enter stages of the programme may be admitted through normal Accreditation of Experiential Learning (AEL) or Accreditation of Certificated Learning (ACL) processes, or through an approved articulation agreement. Therefore such applicants must be able to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required learning outcomes as listed in the modules for which they are seeking exemption.
- The University of East London and CAT are strongly committed to widening participation and equal opportunity for all.
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required.
Application to this programme can only be made on line via this website.