1. Start the application process as early as you can.
2. Download the ‘Postgraduate Loan Application Supporting Notes’ and keep them to hand while going through the application. These can be downloaded at the following links: www.gov.uk/postgraduateloan for those applying through Student Finance England www.studentfinancewales.co.uk for those applying through Student Finance Wales
3. The University name must be listed as “Centre For Alternative Technology” and not the name of the awarding body (i.e. not UEL or LJM).
4. The “Name of campus/location” should be enterred as “Main Campus”
5. The Study type and duration is based on the length of taught modules and doesn’t include the dissertation module so should be either of the following: i. Full-time 1 year ii. Part-time 2 years
6. We offer blended learning of both onsite and distance learning modules. For Question 3.4 “Is this a distance learning course” you will need to state how you intend to take the majority of your taught modules (not including the dissertation).
i. If you intend to take the majority of your taught modules onsite choose “No”.
ii. If you intend to take the majority of your taught modules via distance learning choose “Yes”.
8. If for any reason you have to contact someone at the SLC please take their details (name and staffing ref number) and keep a record of what they tell you.
9. Always ask the SLC to follow up any telephone calls with a written email or letter. They do not do this automatically.
The £50 enrolment deposit is due before you can be enrolled. Once we receive the deposit we can then confirm you as a student at CAT with the SLC.
Student Loan Confirmation